As the cities act all weird, we decided to note down their weirdness as our fun facts about different cities of the world. Have a look and notice what you didn’t notice for years of traveling.
Fun facts about Paris
- There are around 181 places in Paris where you can get espresso coffee [this means the people living there are extreme caffeinated]
- There’s only one Stop sign in the whole city, because usually they adopt the method of giving way to the person on the right.
- There are total 6100 streets in the city
- It took around 666 years to build the great Louvre
- Plaster of Paris was invented in Paris.
Fun facts about San Francisco
- 29% of the pollution in San Francisco comes from China
- Around 3000 people have committed suicide jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge.
- A Japanese pilot, Captain Kohei Asoh accidently landed a plane into the San Francisco Bay in 1968 [drunk LOL]
- San Francisco remained a part of Mexico City till the American Mexican war in 1948.
- The Irish coffee was actually invented in San Francisco.
Fun facts about China
- The fortune cookie was originally not a Chinese invention; it was an invention in San Francisco.
- China uses 45 billion of chopsticks annually.
- The world’s biggest mall is located in China and is actually 99% empty.
- Twitter, Facebook and the New York times is blocked in China since 2009.
- 1400 years ago, the first paper money was built in China.
Fun facts about Cairo
- It took over 20 years to build the great pyramids.
- The city’s nickname is the city of a thousand minarets.
- Cairo was being ruled by the Pharaohs and caliphs for over 6000 years.
- The Arabic meaning of Cairo is Al-Qahirah which means the Victorious.
- The oldest synagogue is found in Cairo which is known as the Ben Ezra Synagogue.
Fun facts about Istanbul
- Istanbul is one of those cities in the world that is straddling between the two continents, Asia and Europe.
- The Grand bazaar is the oldest bazaar of the city having 3000 shops in total.
- It is home to the third oldest subway
- Most of the historical sites are located in the Old City of Istanbul.
- Constantinople was the former name of Istanbul.
Fun facts about Berlin
- The Germans in Berlin consume 125 tons of sausages daily.
- In the centre of Berlin city, you will find the longest sneaker wall
- Berlin has more of the museums than the rainy days, it has 175 museums in total.
- Berlin has 1700 bridges; this makes it the city with more bridges than Venice.
- The Berliner Fernsehturm or the television tower in Berlin is one of the tallest constructions of Europe.