What’s that New York doesn’t have? Yes you are right the answer is nothing, I mean that there’s noting that the New York City doesn’t bustles with, from beaches to landscapes, from the Most Instagrammed Times Square to the Cityscapes, there’s everything precisely glamorous about the city, out of all, one of its pure treasures is Central Park which is known as the king of parks in the world.
A lot to see and a lot to do, yes Central Park of New York is one of those urban parks which is the most visited one in the United States, not only this, what makes it more exuberant and worth visiting for is that it’s the most filmed location in the history of Film Industry and New York.
National Historic Landmark
It was initially designed and constructed as the national historic landmark of the city and was listed by the famous US department of Interior in 1962. It is currently managed and organized by the Central Park conservancy; however, it was once managed by the New York City Department of Parks and Recreation.
With the rich endless history, ravishing sightseeing sceneries, uncountable activity options and eye catching landscapes, the Central Park becomes the jewel of New York City.
Did you know?
- It was the first and only landscaped park of US, publically.
- Central park is even bigger than the land area of Monaco.
- It has been successfully featured in 240 films and this makes it the most filmed location in the history.
- The park hosted the Hong Kong Dragon Boat racing competition for 20 years
- The design of the Central park was actually a submitted winning plan in a competition held in 1858 to develop the small park area which was already there.
- The design was submitted by the famous architects Calvert Vaux andFrederick Law Olmstead.
- In 1997, it hosted the biggest concert ever, having around 980,000 people and the concert was free for all.
Heaven For Kids
The park features 21 play grounds, hence becomes a paradise of joy for kids. Along with that you will find numerous ice cream stalls and hot dog vendors by its side.
App for Central Park
To make it tranquil and easy to go for people, the King of Parks, the Central park has its own App, which is an audio guide, the voices are recorded by the famous celebrities and guides you through your area of interest. Amazing isn’t it?
The lakes and ponds at the Central Park
Surprisingly, the lakes and ponds are completely man made at the Central Park so they can be easily ‘’undo’’ anytime.
Attractions for visitors
The Park features:
- Arsenal – a symmetrical brick building
- The blockhouse – which is a small fort in the park
- TheDiana Ross Playground
- The Belvedere Castle – having an observation deck and exhibit rooms
- The Carousel
- Fort Clinton
- Lasker Rink
- The mall
- TheSwedish Cottage Marionette Theatre
- A Zoo
- And Victorian gardens.
Things to do at the Central Park
There are seriously hundreds of things to do at the great grand Central Park:
- You can have a bicycle ride around the park which is mostly perfect in the morning.
- Take a romantic paddle tour through the lake.
- Walk around the strawberry fields.
- Climb over the bronze statue of Alice.
- Be an animal lover at the zoo.
- Do Ice Skating in the winters.
- Hike up the Belvedere Castle.
- Watch out the rest of the beauty from the Bow bridge